Friday, January 17, 2014

Ikon - This Quiet Earth (Re-Issue)

Ikon - This Quiet Earth
(Re-Issue) 2013 4CD/Box
Nile

This is one of my all time favourite albums. I love everything about Ikon, but I'm especially fond of Ikon's sound from 1997 (No official Ikon releases this year, I know. But both the Crimes Of Passion CD and the excellent Jerusalem Syndrome CD helped me get my Ikon fix) to 1999.
The re-issue has been both remixed, remastered and re-sung and I love the new sound! The regular 4CD edition includes the original album on CD1. The second CD has a couple of B-sides and CD3 has outtakes and remixes - including one of my favourite tracks from this era "Triumph Of My Will", previously only released on a somewhat forgotten Metropolis Records sampler "Electropolis Volume II". The most interesting CD is the fourth one, called "The Hollow Earth". It includes a complete unreleased album with 12 previously unheared tracks from 1997/1998.
The box also includes an USB stick with a set of 12 early 8 track demos, the "Subversion" promo video (HD) and all the tracks in .wav format, a t-shirt, two embroidered patches, a necklace, two postcards an a 26-page photo booklet with information about the recording and every track.

No comments:

Post a Comment